Thursday, February 24, 2011

One Day I Read 4 Books...

1. The Little Prince- Antoine de Saint Exupery

"Grown-ups never understand anything by themselves, and it's exhausting for children to have to provide explanations over and over again . . . If you tell grown ups, 'I saw a beautiful red brick house, with geraniums at the windows and doves on the roof...' they won't be able to imagine such a house. You have to tell them 'I saw a house worth a hundred thousand francs.' Then they exclaim, 'What a pretty house!' "

2. The Secret Journal of Brett Colton- Kay Lynn Mangum

It's a nice little fiction book about a boy and a girl. I don't know what makes this one special but i really like it. It could be the journal entries throughout the book. I don't know. I definitely recommend it.

3. Oh The Places You'll Go- Dr. Seuss

"You won't lag behind, because you'll have the speed. You'll pass the whole gang and you'll soon take the lead. Wherever you fly, you'll be the best of the best. Wherever you go you will top all the rest. Except when you don't because, sometimes you won't"

4. My Sister's Keeper- Jodi Picoult

I almost read the whole book without crying. I got a little misty eyed when i read about Tyler Ambross and I balled my eyes out when I read the very last chapter. I think it's the only book I've read that is focused about the family and the trials they go through together. All in all it's a really good book.



2 comments:

  1. I LOVE dr. Seuss and i love that book. i need to read the little prince. but you should read the little princess. BEST BOOK EVER!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Post the other books! Since I've been interpreting at a college, there are many times where the student is taking a test and I'm reading in the mean time. So let me know about some books you love!! hook a sistah up!

    ReplyDelete