Monday, March 14, 2011

One Day I Was In A Wedding...

Adventures of Hayley Allen's (now Vincent) Wedding

It all started about 8 months ago... "Maggie, in a wedding there are usually people in it." "Yea, I know." "So, I kinda wanted to know if you wanted to be one of those people." "Let me think about it.... YES!" Okay, the conversation might have gone a little different but that should give you a good idea of how it went. I must say, it was fun. I kinda feel like a dud since I didn't do much. I'd never been a wedding so I was a little clueless. Anyways let's fast foreword 7 months. 7 months later . . . Shoes came in! Yay. And let me tell you. They are beautiful. Problem #1. They're a tad too small. :( Me: Well, I guess i don't mind suffering for a day. I can suck it up and deal with it. Dresses came in. :) Exciting, right? umm... No. Problem #2: They're the wrong color. Not only the wrong color from the shoes but also the wrong color from the wedding. Poor Hayley was a wreck. She was in total panic mode and we had no idea what to do. Blessing #1: Cindy. Cindy is the lovely lady who made all of our dresses in less than a month. In blessing #1, I discovered... Problem #3: My shoes are now the wrong color. In trying to fix problem #3 I received... Blessing #2: The lady from Unforgettable Moments said that my shoes will be here no later than Friday (i was cutting it short but i took it)


After all the excitement was over a new excitement set in. Prep day! Here are some picturas:

Now that I'm done pointing out all the fun stuff let's move on to the BIG DAY! To give a quick play by play: Wake up, do hair, get make-up done, pick up Cristina and Kyle, drive to Oakland, change into dress, find crowd, take pictures, go to In-N-Out to buy soda, go to Golden Corral, go home to fill my car with wedding stuff, drive to Tracy to do stuff, do hair again, meet-and-greet, dance, clean up, leave. (only to head over to Erin's house) Bottom line is, I had the time of my life. And would do it all over again. I love my friends (Hayley and Craig to be specific) and I'm happy to see their relationship grow.

1 comment:

  1. they are so adorable. ps: i still want to see pictures of the original dress.

    ReplyDelete