Sunday, July 10, 2011

One Day I Spent The Day With Maggie... (Kelsey Edition)

Hello my fellow Maggie followers! My name’s Kelsey Marie from Daydreams Of A Silly Girl and I’ve been asked to guest post in Maggie’s blog! Yeah! It took me a while to decide what I wanted to write about (is it just me, or does guest posting make anyone else really excited but nervous at the same time???), but I finally decided to write about the one and only Maggie! What better way is there to spend my time guest posting on Maggie’s blog than to write about her??


As I thought about Maggie and all the fun times that we’ve had together (and let me tell ya, there have been a lot!) my mind kept wandering back to one specific day that I spent with her. It was, if memory serves me correctly, in the summer of 2010. Maggie and I planned a whole day to spend together. First, she picked me up on her way to school in Modesto (where we planned to spend the day for convenience’s sake). I didn’t actually go to class with Maggie, but I sat outside her classroom and waited until she got out. Then we went to Subway to grab some lunch for ourselves and headed off to my mom’s work so we could eat with her. Oh that was fun! Lunch with my momma and best friend…yep, our day was off to a great start already!

After lunch, Maggie and I drove to our favorite store (which to the eternal breaking of our hearts is out of business) BORDERS! We had been talking for a while about how wonderful that store is-all the books, the comfy chairs, the smell of the coffee, the calming atmosphere-can you see why we loved that place?? We both agreed it was an amazing store and that we wanted to spend a whole day in the store just browsing and reading…so that’s what we did. We looked around the store for hours-reading parts of good books we liked, checking to see if new ones we had our eyes on were in stock, and picking up random books we never would have looked at. We spent quite a lot of time in the foreign section looking at traveling guides and language translators. We had a blast reading some of the things those books taught and trying to pronounce the phrases in our best foreign accents..


I’m not all too sure what we did after that. Probably drove back home and hung out for a while. But that day is so special to me, not because it was some huge adventure, but because I was with a best friend doing things that we loved, being ourselves, and enjoying each other’s company. That’s what I love about Maggie. I never feel that I have to hide anything or part of who I am. I don’t have to pretend to be excited about something, or happy, or anything else. I can wear my heart on my sleeve with this girl and she is always there beside me no matter what I do. I love my Mags very much and I’m so grateful that I have her in my life. She is one of those rare type of friends that is completely understanding and accepting of those she loves and the love and honesty that flows between our friendship is very precious to me. I don’t know what I’d do without Maggie in my life. She’s truly great and I love those crazy random days we have driving around town listening to country and stopping in stores or anywhere else for no other reason than we are bored and we can.


One Day I Spent The Day With Maggie…and it was a great day!..

2 comments: